Technical Assistance for Hartford Homeowners:
We help determine if:
- Your home is on a Local, State or National Register of Historic Places.
- You reside in a Historic District.
- Your rehab project qualifies for State or Federal Tax Credits.
- Your project conforms to the Historic Preservation Ordinance.
- You have the right contractor for the job.
- You know all the resources available to you in Hartford and beyond.
For more information on Hartford’s Historic Guidelines visit our Preservation Ordinance page.
In addition, our Preservation Services Director can, for a nominal cost, assist you in preparing designs and selecting materials appropriate for the architecture of your home or property. Please contact us at 860.570.0331 ext. 2 or email email@example.com.
Who Built My House?
HPA will research and provide you with a history on your Hartford house or building (or the one you grew up in!) which will include chain of ownership, information on the architect, history of the neighborhood and any biographical information on past owners that we can locate.We charge $150 for this service ($100 for members donating at the Preservation Friend level and up). Please allow 6 – 8 weeks for delivery. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
HPA also consults with for-profit businesses such as:
Developers, Real Estate Professionals, and Commercial Building Owners. (Fees based on projects undertaken)